Sign in or
- Feliciana Feydra LeRoux A Cajun Tall Tale
- Feliciana Meets D'Loup Garou (2005, Pelican Publishing)
- Mimi's Tutu (2002, Scholastic Inc.)
- Cajun Through and Through (2000, formerly Little Brown and Company - rights have reverted back to author)
- Currently working on an adult memoir, teaching Advanced Placement Literature, Public Speaking and Broadcast Journalism at West Orange High School in West Orange, New Jersey.
- 2001 Louisiana Young Reader's Choice Honor Award: Feliciana Meets D'Loup Garou (3rd, 4th and 5th graders select their favorite reads of the year and Feliciana Meets D'Loup Garou placed second after Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)
- Publisher's Weekly starred review, School Library Journal starred review, Notable Children's Trade Book in the Field of Social Studies (National Council of Social Studies) for Feliciana Feydra LeRoux
Author Website: www.tyniathomassie.com
Presentations: I do them! Usually I speak about the Cajun culture, about growing up in Louisiana, alligator hunting, my special relationship with my grampa, I read portions of the book in a Cajun dialect and take questions from audience members. Somtimes I even teach how to two-step, although that could be a challenge dancing with a computer! With Mimi's Tutu, I show some of my dance fabrics (Kenta cloth and conch shell belts). For older children, I speak about how a book is written, drawn, published, I share my experiences as an author and a teacher, and for writers working on projects, I tailor the session to their desires/needs.
Audiences: All ages, although I prefer shorter sessions with younger children (K-1st)
Available Times: Must be arranged with author; After 2:30PM EST is usually good; During the day I have sporadic periods that are free and can arrange sessions depending on their duration. Email author email@example.com for more specific information.
No recording of Skype Sessions without permission from the author. (Amen sisters and brothers!)
No Cost Meet the Author Visit: 10-15 minutes
In-Depth Visit Length: 30 minute for K-1st grade; 40 minutes for 2nd-5th grade; I also Skype with adult writers or children working on book projects
In-Depth Visit Cost: $100/ 30 minute session; $150 for 40 minute session
- I ask that children have a means of ordering the book/s (directed to website, or given a handout after the session that I can email to the teacher
- That teachers elect which book specifically they would like me to read from prior to the session
- That we test the connection prior to the Skype session with the children;
- While I read to the kids, I would like the teachers to turn pages of the book for me on their end
- It is important for the following information to be provided prior to our session: # of children in attendance, grade level, whether the children have read the book or not prior to our session; need sessions arranged at least one month in advance of the Skype session.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Society of Children's Writers and Illustrators,
- H.U.M.A.N. B.E.I.N.G.S. Inc. (kidding about that last affiliation... sort of!)
We'll have a good time y'all -- I ga-ron-tee!
Latest page update: made by sachauncey
, Feb 3 2011, 8:59 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Virtual Author Visits in Your Library or Classroom
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.